August 22 – 26, 2022
We are grateful for their immense support to the RSJ Foundation
We are grateful for their immense support to the ERCOFTAC – European Research Community on Flow, Turbulence and Combustion
Aim of the conference is to bring together renowned specialists in the analytical and numerical fields of mathematical fluid mechanics. Invited talks will cover results and open questions in the dynamics of fluids, including fluid-solid interaction and rheological effects, in the incompressible, compressible, and inviscid cases. Furthermore, topics closely related to practical applications will be considered, like modeling of turbulence, stratified fluids flows and some related homogenization questions. Numerical theory and simulations regarding the above problems will also be a core theme.
Special sessions will be organized to commemorate the work of A. Novotny, I. Straskraba, A. Mikelic, C. Simader and K. Kozel.
Also within the conference a workshop for women in MFM will be organized chaired by Sarka Necasova. Several important female mathematicians have already agreed to take a part in this thematic workshop.
There will be enough space available for contributed talks and posters, both are welcome and we encourage participants to submit them.
Online attendance (see registration options) will be organized through Zoom platform.
- Giovanni Paolo Galdi – University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Reinhard Farwig – TU Darmstadt, Germany
- Adelia Sequeira – IST Lisbon, Portugal
- Yoshihiro Shibata – Waseda University, Japan
- Werner Varnhorn – Kassel University, Germany
- Suncica Canic – Berkley University, USA
- Irena Lasiecka – University of Memphis, USA
- Roberto Triggiani – University of Memphis, USA
- Maria Neuss-Radu – University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Willi Jäger – University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Eduard Feireisl – Institute of Mathematics, CAS, Czech Republic
- Milan Pokorný – Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Minsunk Yang – Yonsei University, Korea
- Michal Beneš – Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Pavel Krejčí – Institute of Mathematics, CAS, Czech Republic
- Chérif Amrouche – Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour, France
- Bumja Jin – Mokpo National University, Korea
- Raphaèle Herbin (online) – Aix-Marseille University, France
- Rostislav Vodák – Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
- Maria Specovius-Neugebauer – University of Kassel, Germany
- Jiří Fürst – Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Aneta Wróblewska-Kamińska – Institute of Mathematics, Poland
- Jörg Wolf – Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Tomasz Piasecki – University of Warsaw, Poland
- Tomáš Roubíček – Charles University, Czech Republic
- Philippe Fraunié – University of Toulon, France
- Young-Sam Kwon – University of Busan, Korea
The registration fee covers lunches & refreshment during the coffee breaks. The accommodation and travel expenses are not covered.
|Standard||Online (Zoom)||ERCOFTAC discount|
|Conference Fee||200 €||50 €||20%|
The registration deadline is June 30, 2022, payments of the conference fee are due on July 31, 2022 at the latest!
ERCOFTAC fees are available to ERCOFTAC members and member organizations employees.
The registration fee should be paid preferably by a bank transfer to the following account:
IBAN: CZ66 2010 0000 0028 0031 3629
Bank Name: Fio banka a.s.
Bank Address: Millennium Plaza, V Celnici 10, 117 21 Praha 1
Account Holder: Mel Ynis s.r.o.
Variable Symbol: (will be assigned to each participant during registration)
Mel Ynis agency is our selected partner handling non-scientific parts of the conference organization.
Young Scientists Support
A limited support fund is available for young scientists (up to 35 years of age) to help cover some of the conference expenses. Please only ask for this support if your situation really requires it. Depending on the number of applicants the exact amount of support will be announced after the application deadline. If granted, the support will in all cases cover the registration fee.
A formal application, containing short CV, motivation letter and recommendation letter, should be sent to the organizers via email email@example.com before July 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed and support awarded in the shortest possible time after application delivery in the ‘first come, first served’ manner up to the funds available. We encourage those interested to register and apply early.
Important note: Please note that the applicants should NOT pay the registration fee until their application is decided upon. In case the application is declined, standard registration fee will be charged .
Participants wishing to present their papers at the conference are required to submit title & abstract of their paper on July 31, 2022 at the latest. The abstract should not exceed 1 page A4 and is to be sent in pure text or LaTeX form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The whole course and workshop will be held at the Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic.
Institute of Mathematics, AS CR
CZ – 115 67 Praha 1
- email@example.com – scientific issues
- firstname.lastname@example.org – general questions, registration, paperwork
Scientific committee: W. Varnhorn, A. Sequeira ,G.P. Galdi, S. Canic
Organizing committee: T. Bodnár, G.P. Galdi, O. Kreml, V. Mácha, Š.Nečasová